By submitting your expense reimbursement request here, submission will be made immediately available to multiple staff members. The traveler must make the administrative staff an alternate to create the expense reimbursement on their behalf.
Alternates can create expense reimbursements on behalf of employees and non-employees and can submit expense reimbursements on behalf of non-employees and recently-terminated employees. Current employees must submit their own expense reimbursements, even if they were created by an Alternate.
Current employees are responsible for adding and deleting their own Alternates. The UW-Madison Travel Office will not assign Alternates for current employees.
Procedure to assign an Alternate
- Sign into e-Reimbursement.
- Click the Expenses WorkCenter
- Click the Delegate Entry Authoritylink in the links panel along the left side.
- Click the plus signto add an additional row.
- Enter the Alternate’s employee ID number in the Authorized User ID field. If you do not know the employee ID, click the magnifying glass next to the blank field, then click on Advanced Lookup. Enter the Alternate’s last name in the Description field. Locate the alternate and click on their name.
- The Authorization Level should be “Edit”. If an employee chooses “Edit & Submit”, it will revert to “Edit”.
- Click Save.